1. What are you reading right now?
Jefferson and I are both between books and taking a break. I’m eyeing my to-read shelves, but haven’t committed to anything in particular yet.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I have read four, and Jefferson has read five. Pretty decent!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I am particularly eyeing Michelle Tea’s new memoir, How to Grow Up, and The Nightingales are Drunk by Hafez from my pile of Little Black Classics.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Oh yes. I have a five-year-old in the house who is not participating! So there have been a lot of interruptions! Most of them were easy enough to re-direct, then my husband took Solomon shopping for a good block of the afternoon. But then when I was stressed out about having lost my Hour Twelve update post and Solomon was tantruming about I don’t even know what right next to me I finally sent him to his room. Which I probably could have handled better. But anyay.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I was surprised by how many visits my blog got by cheerleaders, and how much I appreciated them! I think I am overwhelming most of my friends with all of my updates, so it’s nice to have someone not burned out by all the endless posting. 🙂